Microneedling (also known as collagen induction therapy) involves using fine needles to create hundreds of tiny, invisible puncture wounds in the top layer of skin.“The micro-injuries you create stimulates the body’s natural wound healing processes, resulting in cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production, therefore reversing as well as preventing signs of aging. Micro-Needling is a safe and effective treatment that delivers long-term visible results. This treatment:
- Reducing Acne & Chicken Pox Scarring
- Stimulating the production of Collagen, Tightening the skin
- Improves the appearance of Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of Crows Feet, Lip Lines, Forehead Lines & Frown Lines
- Improves skin To
- Reduces the appearance of Stretch Marks
- Reduces the appearance of Surgical Scars
- Reduces the appearance of Large Pores
- Restores Sun Damaged skin & treats Hyperpigmentation
- Improves the appearance of Puffy Eyes
- Improves Rosacea by Strengthening the skin
- Helps increase the absorption of products
- Reduce Oil levels in the skin
This is a minimum downtime treatment. You can expect to be red the day of your treatment, similar to a deep sunburn. By the following day you will notice that most of this has gone down, and you will have a mild pink look that makeup or tinted sunscreen will typically cover.
The Benefits of Collagen Induction Therapy- Microneedling
Collagen Induction Therapy is a minimally- invasive non-surgical and non-ablative procedure for facial rejuvenation. A non-ablative procedure means that your epidermis (first layer of skin) remains preserved and intact. When you are comparing the effects and outcomes of both microneedling and laser therapy, the benefits of microneedling include no risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (pigmentation of the skin due to skin trauma), Laser, deep chemical peels and dermabrasion run the risk of ablating the skin and making it thinner. Microneedling thickens the epidermis by creating micro channels, these channels stimulate the healing response in your skin creating new fresh collagen as well as help to absorb cosmecutical serums and creams making them 80% more effective.
- All areas of the body can be treated
- Creates less epidermal damage than laser resurfacing, aggressive chemical peels or plastic surgery.
- More effective treatment with less pain than laser treatments
- Can treat ALL skin types and colour
- More cost effective than fraxel skin rejuvenation laser treatments
- Very Minimal recovery times compared to other advanced treatments
- Can be combined with our other skin rejuvenation therapies for enhanced results.
How Many Micro-Needling Procedures Does One Need And How Often?
The number of Microneedling procedures depends on the individual skin condition. Typically for Skin Rejuvenation treatments ( Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Tightening, Crows Feet, Ect ) may require 3-6 Treatments every 4 weeks. Scarring & Acne Scarring may require 4-6 treatments every 3-4 weeks and Stretch Marks can take 6-8 treatments every 4-6 weeks.
Pre- Treatment & Great Skin health Tips
To ensure you receive the best results possible and reduce the risk of complications after a Microneedling session it is mandatory that our clients are using products for MedSkin recommends, for 10 days on avergae days prior to their treatment. Preparing your skin for this procedure will ensure that your skin responds the very best it can, your results will last longer, healthy skin will always recover much better than unhealthy skin.
Our Skin is our largest Organ and like our internal body needs nutrients and vitamins, Our Skin requires the same nutrients and vitamins to function it's very best. We highly recommend the following list ,,
- Oral Supplements (omega-3, glucosamine and multivitamins)
- Cleansers and Toners
- Topical Vitamin A (avoid high dose not a prescription)
- Topical Vitamin C
- Topical Antioxidants
- Topical Copper Peptides
- Topical Growth Factors